6 modules in 4 years

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So if anyone is interested, I think I figured a way to complete all 6 modules in 4 years without overwhelming us. I just stopped thinking of them as separate studies. I am just thinking of them as one big history study. So instead of 2 or 3 modules a year we will just plug along, wherever we end up at the end of our year is where we sill start the next. So if I plan to do Bible and secular history on the same days, and geography thrown in 1 or 2 times a week it works out to 756 days of lessons, which is 189 per year. Very close. Of course we never do everything every day, something always comes up. I try to figure on 150 days. If I skip the end of term exams, which I do. Wella, we are down to under 700. Which is well within my ability. Woohoo. So excited! Oh and also, that will earn a highschooler 4.5 credits of history and 2.5 of Bible. Since I only need 2 years of history in my state some of those books will be English credits, which will lighten the load a bit. I think it is doable. A little worried about getting through the OT so quickly, but I think it will work out.

ErinD
    Participant

So you are doubling up the history and Bible lessons, doing both in one day? I’ve often wondered how to do this. Thanks for sharing.

CrystalN
    Participant

Yes. We have always done Bible and secular history on the same day so it wont be a big deal for us. Geography will be put in rotation with Latin so each day we will do Bible, history and geography or latin as our “big” family subjects. And of course artist, composer, poet will rotate. I think it will work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘6 modules in 4 years’ is closed to new replies.