106 Days of Creation & Magic School Bus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I will preface this post with the fact, that I know some families don’t care for Magic School Bus books or videos. My children like them a lot and are always learning things from them, I did a little work today that I thought I would share incase it will benefit some other families on this site. I purchased The Magic School Bus: Complete Series on dvd from Amazon. Today I went through my 106 Days of Creation materials and scheduled possible lessons where my two younger boys could watch a Magic School Bus video after our lesson. Here is what I came up with (SCM lesson is first followed by MSB disk number and episode on the disk):

Lesson 4 – disk 5, #3

Lesson 8 – disk 5, #5

Lesson 10 – disk 7, #1

Lesson 15 – disk 6, #3

Lesson 16 – disk 3, #5

Lesson 17 – disk 2, #6

Lesson 23 – disk 2, #4

Lesson 24 – disk 6, #1

Lesson 33 – disk 7, #5

Lesson 35 – disk 4, #4

Lesson 37 – disk 1, #1

Lesson 38 – disk 4, #3

Lesson 40 – disk 2, #5

Lesson 41 – disk 5, #1

Lesson 42 – disk 4, #6

Lesson 46 – disk 1, #7

Lesson 47 – disk 1, #5

Lesson 48 – disk 5, #6

Lesson 64 – disk 4, #4

Lesson 67 – disk 3, #2 (on dinosaurs and it references “millions” of years – good teaching point)

Lesson 73 – disk 8, #2

Lesson 79 – disk 7, #3

Lesson 82 – disk 1, #2

Lesson 85 – disk 5, #7

Lesson 92 – disk 7, #6

Lesson 99 – disk 3, #1

There are a few others you could pop in, but I didn’t find specific lessons:

germs – disk 1, #3

food chain – disk 1, #4

decomposition – disk 1, #6

butterflies – disk 3, #4 (I already had three videos on insects planned)

bats – disk 3, #3

Here is a link to the set on Amazon ~ http://tinyurl.com/ocno3uc

Hope this helps someone!

Melissa

Monica
    Participant

Great idea!!! I should spend some time doing this with the science program I use (Noeo). My 7YO loves MSB.

sarah2106
    Participant

Thank you fir sharing. This will be a big help!

Faith R Miller
    Participant

Thank you Melissa. Figured I would incorporate them somehow, now the work is done! My granddaughter loves MSB!

my3boys
    Participant

Thank you Melissa…this is very helpful.

Phobo
    Participant

Thank you so much! What a great help!

MelissaB
    Participant

Glad this was helpful – I just figured it made sense to share it here. 🙂

Katrina in AK
    Participant

Love this! Thanks, Melissa. 🙂

lorealtho
    Participant

Thank you! Very helpful 🙂

caycecronk

My son loves the magic school bus as well! Wish I would have incorporated them more with our lesson plans!

MelissaB
    Participant

I wanted to add something I found that wasn’t MSB, but interesting nonetheless. While browsing Amazon Instant Video, I found Reading Rainbow that when with lesson 42 on bees. The video is called Life Cycle of the Honeybee (#8 in Reading Rainbow Season 1) and my children and I loved it. It was very informative, tho I will say the Moody video was even better, but if you don’t have the Moody video or want more, this is another great one and free if you have Amazon Prime.

Also free on Amazon from Reading Rainbow are these other videos that seem to go with the science lessons, tho I haven’t personally watched them yet:

#6 feelings/emotions – lesson 102

#10 bugs – lesson 40

#16 day you were born – lesson 77

#17 waves – lesson 15

Melissa

Wings2fly
    Participant

And Magic School Bus is on Netflix streaming now.

hlmckinney7
    Participant

Is it very easy to figure out which episode on Netflix correlates with the disk/episode # as written above by Melissa? We have Netflix and would love to go that route, as we are currently doing 106 Days of Creation.

MelissaB
    Participant

I found this list on Wikipedia – it should help you.  Magic School Bus Episodes

jill smith
    Participant

I see all the post ab o it magic school b us. What’s wrong with the show? I am not sure on it have never watched it but it sure looks cool for kids.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘106 Days of Creation & Magic School Bus’ is closed to new replies.