106 Days/ Jack's Insects

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

I am thinking ahead for next school year.  I will have a fifth grader (10yo) and third grader (8yo).  After consulting the SCM Curriculum Guide, I was leaning towards Jack’s Insects for my fifth grader.  She enjoys a certain amount of independent work, and I think she would enjoy it.  Then, I saw that the third grade recommendation, 106 Days, is designed for grades 1-6.  Would it be too much for my fifth grader to do both?  I know I could just include her for parts of 106 Days.  I’m definitely thinking the human body section.  However, if my fifth grader joins us for this study, I would probably need to purchase Considering God’s Creation which is recommended for older students in 106 Days.   What are your thoughts?  Advice from families who have used either or both resources?

Thanks!

Wings2fly
    Participant

Are you planning to do Jack’s Insects by itself or with the Narration Notebook and extra books that go with that?  Are you planning to spend the whole year on it?  I have it scheduled for my son.  The chapter pages are not even, so I went through and listed those 20 chapters into 29 lessons.  I have 106 Days, but have not used it yet.  It is designed for 3 days per week.  So your older one could do that and then read Jack’s one day per week.  If you want to do any extras with Jack’s, then I think it would be too much to do with 106 Days.

JenniferM
    Participant

Good questions to consider, Wingstofly.   I would want to incorporate all the components of Jack’s Insects for my daughter, so it sounds like that should be plenty to keep her engaged.  Thank you for your thoughtful response.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘106 Days/ Jack's Insects’ is closed to new replies.