106 Days and CGC question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have 7yr old and 2 yr old boys, and I was planning to use 106 days of creation next year. Was looking for some advice from y’all who have used it before as to whether we should also use Considering God’s Creation as recommended for older kids? I thought my son would enjoy the cut and paste projects and the songs would be fun during circle time, but I’m concerned it may be too much for a 2nd grader (or a waste since I would need to omit a lot)? We’ve never done any sort of notebooking type activity before, and with the toddler it seemed nice to have pre-made pages I just print out vs. me trying to invent/hunt down stuff. What has been your experiences? We would use 106 days 2-3x/week.

(We follow Amblesideonline, but I like supplementing the science bc it’s his favorite. Year 2 Amblesideonline is Burgess Animal book, so we will also listen to audiobook, draw animal and narrate 2-3 facts, 1x/week.)

HollyS
    Participant

If he likes cut & paste, you might want to consider it.  Some of the pages are really fun!  The Science Detective pages are also great and have no cutting/pasting.   I would also read through parts of the CGClessons for a bit of background information while they worked on the notebook pages.  I had a 1st grader when we used 106 Days/CGC, and she did need quite a bit of help, but still enjoyed making them.  My older two, who were maybe 6th and 3rd grades, did fine on their own.  I plan on using this again in another year or so.

Tedi-Lea
    Participant

Thank you, Holly! I think we are going to try it. Much appreciate the advice.

Regan
    Participant

I have an 8 yr old, 7 year old and 6 year ol doing 106 DOC and we will be doing CGC as well!  I have printed it all out and put it in two binders (a teachers book and student book)!  I will use these as master copies and I will copy paperwork for each child as needed!  I am in planning mode as we speak and after looking through everything, it all looks very reasonable for that age group!  I got the moody videos and the living books listed, although you could probably easily find books at the library that would work just fine!  We are excited about science this year.  Not everything in CGC is incorporated in 106 DOC but you could add what you wanted as extra :).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘106 Days and CGC question’ is closed to new replies.