Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, Terms of Service (Short Version)
If you use our Web sites, you are agreeing to these Terms of Service. Here’s the short, user-friendly version. You may also like to read the full-length legal version below.
- We take every reasonable precaution to safeguard your data, make backups, and provide uninterrupted service to you; however, we can’t control everything. Be sure to keep printed or electronic copies of your data for your records, and please be patient if the service is unavailable every once in a while.
- We provide lots of valuable recommendations and services to help you homeschool; however, we don’t guarantee that our suggestions will meet your needs or expectations, or academic or legal requirements.
- There will probably be some quirks with the site; it will never be perfect because we aren’t perfect. We will attempt to fix problems in a timely manner.
- Only adults may create accounts.
- You are responsible for any content or actions connected with your account. Be sure to keep your log-in and password secure.
- Only one household is allowed per account.
- Paid services are billed in advance on a monthly or yearly basis, depending on which subscription plan you select.
- The Annual Subscription fee will be applied to your first ten months of service per subscription year, followed by two free months.
- You may cancel your account at any time. Upon cancellation your data may be erased. No refund will be given for partial months or for months prior to the cancellation date.
- If you abuse your account privileges, we can cancel your account with no refund.
- Any changes to our terms or service fees will be posted here.
Feel free to Contact Us with any questions you might have.
Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, Terms of Service (Legal Version)
By using the SimplyCharlotteMason.com Web sites (“Service”), a service of Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
- You must be 18 years or older to create an account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the sign-up process.
- Your account may be used by a single household for immediate household members only. A single log in shared by multiple households is not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account log in and password. Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account (even when content is posted by others who have access to your account).
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your account. While Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, prohibits such conduct and content on the Service, you understand and agree that Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, cannot be responsible for the content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- Payments are handled through PayPal.com. A valid credit card, PayPal account, or other payment method accepted by PayPal is required for all payment on your account.
- The Monthly Subscription Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis.
- The Annual Subscription Service is billed in advance on a yearly basis. The annual fee is discounted to provide two free months of service with every ten months prepaid.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your SimplyCharlotteMason.com Service at any time. You are responsible for properly canceling the service, which must be done through your PayPal account. An e-mail or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation.
- All of your content may be immediately deleted from the Service upon cancellation.
- There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of Service or for months prior to the cancellation date.
- Refunds for those using the Annual Subscription will be issued upon request only for prepaid, whole unused months occurring after the cancellation date. A pro-rated refund of remaining unused months will be given based on the prepaid first ten months of service per subscription year. Any refund will not include a credit for the two free months provided with the annual subscription.
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, Service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will be without refund and will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon thirty days notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Simply Charlotte Mason Web site or the Service itself.
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, does not pre-screen content, but Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, is not an accredited organization and does not imply or guarantee its recommended course of study complies with any academic or legal requirements.
- The CM Organizer is an organizational tool for planning and record keeping that stores the data as reported by the parent/teacher. Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, does not confirm that the work was actually done or that hourly/daily requirements were actually met.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We take reasonable precautions to safeguard data. We recommend you keep printed or electronic copies of your data for your records. If your data is lost, Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC’s, liability is limited to providing a prorated refund of your current month’s subscription upon written request.
- You must not modify, adapt, or hack the Service or modify another Web site so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, or any other Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove content and accounts containing content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written, or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- Any legal action filed against Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, must be filed and executed in the state of Georgia.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited e-mail or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; or (v) any other matter relating to the Service.
- The failure of Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, and governs your use of the Service, superceding any prior agreements between you and Simply Charlotte Mason, LLC, (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Feel free to Contact Us with any questions about the Terms of Service.