It’s exciting to see a new community take shape! First you see the plots marked off. Then the utilities and infrastructure are put in place. Little by little you see a few homes built. Roads are paved; sidewalks go in. Trees and street lights spring up. A park is added nearby. Later more homes are constructed and community buildings appear one by one—the post office, a library, the courthouse.
As you watch it all come together, you can see that there was a master plan behind it. Not everything can pop up all at once. It takes time to make sure things are built correctly and well. But rather than wait until the entire community is finished, the organizers make pieces available as they are ready. They have the big picture in mind, and they are working toward the completed project. But they also want people to be able to enjoy the parts that are ready now.
We, here at SCM, are working on a big project. For many years it’s been our desire to make it as simple as possible for people to implement the Charlotte Mason Method in their home schools. We have a picture in our minds of what that can look like, and we are working toward that big picture.
It can’t all pop up at once. It will take time to make sure the resources in the plan are put together correctly and well. But rather than wait until the entire project is finished, we are making pieces available as they are ready.
You may see some empty lots as you look around this project that we are building. They won’t always be empty. You are witnessing the construction of a community that someday will be full and beautiful. We have some amazing things that we’re working on, and we are committed to creating each piece until the picture is complete.
You want specifics? Here is what we are working toward.
With the launch of Keep It Simple, you can see the infrastructure that is now in place. What is left is to produce the remaining resources to fill in the empty lots. The following is a sample list in no particular order. We don’t have release dates for any of them yet. (We’re still recovering from the 19 new titles we released during the first seven months of this year!) So if you ask us when any of these items will be ready, we can only tell you that we’ll announce it when the time comes. 🙂
- More Enrichment Studies daily lesson books. And to do that we will also need to create more Enjoy the Poems books, Music Study with the Masters portfolios, Picture Study Portfolios, and Shakespeare in Three Steps books.
- More Individual Studies daily lesson books. And to do that we will also need to create more living science courses and Using Language Well books.
- Revise the rest of the History Studies daily lesson books. And to do that we will also need to create more Visits to . . . geography books, Bible studies for younger students, and The Stuff They Left Behind portfolios.
But that’s not all. We also want to create
- More features in the CM Organizer,
- More Early Years resources,
- More CM How-to resources,
- And a few other pieces that we’re dreaming about!
Yes, it is a big project, but we love what we’re doing! We just thought you might like a peek behind the scenes.
This is an exciting time! Thanks for growing with us!