Twenty years ago when I started homeschooling, one of the first resources I latched onto was Practical Homeschooling magazine. I loved reading the “A Day in the Life” diaries from other homeschool families and getting a peek into what their days looked like in their homes.
The product reviews were so valuable for letting me know what was available and whether it would fit with my Charlotte Mason methods. And every year I waited impatiently to see which resources had won the coveted Reader Awards. I knew those resources had been nominated and voted in by real homeschoolers like me—people who actually used, trusted, and loved the materials.
Our home school grew up with Practical Homeschooling. So you can imagine our excitement when SCM received notice that some of our own resources have won Reader Awards!
We are honored to announce these Simply Charlotte Mason resources are recipients of 2015 Reader Awards:
- Laying Down the Rails—Our bestselling book on habit training! Here, compiled into one volume, are all the habits Charlotte mentioned in her writings with her thoughts and suggestions for cultivating each one. This work also includes Charlotte’s help for breaking bad habits, hundreds of inspiring quotes, and lots of practical tips.
- Picture Study Portfolios—Everything you need to do art appreciation, all gathered into one beautiful package: gorgeous art prints, an artist biography, information on the pictures, and more! Choose from an ever-growing selection of artists. We just added Leonardo da Vinci and Jean Francois Millet!
- Spelling Wisdom—Our CM-style spelling curriculum that teaches today’s 6,000 most frequently used words presented in the writings of great men and women of history. Spelling Wisdom was also recently listed in Cathy Duffy’s 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum!
- SCM Bible Studies—Our line-up of Bible studies designed to get the Word in your children and your children in the Word! Enjoy the story-based study of Old Testament Law, Jashub’s Journal; the study of Revelation that the whole family can do together, Come, Lord Jesus; the simple discovery of practical themes running through Proverbs, Wisdom for Life; or any of the other great studies that teach solid Bible study skills as you learn Biblical truth.
- Family Study Handbooks—History, geography, and Bible lesson plans and book lists to help you teach all your children together! The six-book series covers Genesis through Revelation, Creation through Modern Times, and the geography of the six major continents. Each year of lesson plans details Scripture passages, living books, Book of Centuries entries, narration ideas, geography ideas, and additional assignments for older students.
- 106 Days of Creation Studies—This science handbook outlines all the details of the living books, nature study, science experiments, Bible verses, and additional assignments that one family used to study creation with all their elementary children together.
Thanks to all of you who nominated and voted for our resources. We count it a privilege to create materials that will help you use the Charlotte Mason method in your home school. Watch for more exciting resources coming soon!