I love to read and do so for my own pleasure as often as I can. I love End Times Christian fiction and Christian political thrillers, and Joel Rosenberg is my favorite author for those types of books. He wrote a series of 5 books that are absolute page-turners and definitely not "adult twaddle". In order, they are:
- The Last Jihad
- The Last Days
- The Ezekiel Option
- The Copper Scroll
- Dead Heat
Rosenberg's most recent thriller is The Twelfth Imam. I read it in one week, it was so good!
Also Terri Blackstock has a series that I flew through too. In order:
- Last Light
- Night Light
- True Light
- Dawn's Light
If Christian fiction isn't your thing, here is a list of other books I have thoroughly enjoyed:
- Radical by David Platt (reading this now; whoa!)
- The Rewards of Simplicity by Pam & Chuck D. Pierce (also reading this now and loving it!)
- Epicenter by Joel Rosenberg
- What in the World Is Going On? by David Jeremiah
- Our Secret Paradise by Jimmy and Karen Evans (an awesome marriage-building book written by the pastors of our church)
- Eats Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss (This is a hilarious book about proper grammar usage. It has a couple of foul words, but overall very funny, very accurate, and very educational. Yes, I'm an English nerd.)
- The Heavenly Man by Paul Hattaway & Brother Yun (the true story of a Chinese Christian pastor)
I wouldn't say those are "light reads", but I don't enjoy what some call "light reading". I love to read, and I want what I read to enable me to walk away with something, to learn something new, or to affect change in me. All of these books have accomplished that.
I'm excited to see what others post as well.