I didn't see a place for off-topic or praises, but I just have to PRAISE THE LORD! Yesterday around 5:00 p.m. our 8 yodd ran in and told us our barn was on fire! After calling 911, I ran out and helped the girls get the goats out of the barn (we have rabbits, too, but they weren't in immediate danger). We are SO grateful as one of the firefighters told my dh that we were "lucky"--they usually lose barns like this because it gets out of control so quickly. Praise the Lord we live close to town!
It's a royal mess--lost our hay as they had to douse it good tomake sure it wouldn't ignite again. The cause was a heat lamp we had for our baby goats--they tend to knock it around, and apparently it ignited some wood or hay nearby.
We are just so grateful that there was no structural damage, that the weather is warmer (dh had to cut the electric to the barn, plus there is now a big hole on one side where they cut it to get all the hay out), and that there was no loss of human or animal life!
Yesterday I had posted on the SCM blog about Sonya's new planning series--this is the kind of thing that really derails your plans! :D I'm sure we can turn it into many learning opportunities!
Thank you for letting me share--we know our God is watching over us, and He cares about the sparrows, as well as rabbits and goats! Also, if this had happened in the night...we probably would have lost the barn and animals, and since the barn is close to our house, we could have been in danger, too.
God is good! Thank You, Lord!
REJOICING in Him!