It’s easy to add most of our PDF e-books to your iPad. All you need to do is install the free iBooks app from the App Store and download your file. Your iPad will ask if you want to open it in iBooks. Choose that option and you’ll be taken to the book in iBooks.
A few of our e-books come as a .zip file. It’s sort of like an envelope that contains your book and protects it as we send it across the Internet. Unfortunately, the iPad doesn’t natively support opening .zip files, so you need to follow some extra steps.
You can install a free unzip app on your iPad, such as iZip, and use that to unzip the file. Here are instructions for using iZip.
- First, make sure you have installed the iZip app.
- Tap the download link in your receipt e-mail.
- Safari launches with a screen asking what to do with the file. There is a button called “Open in…” Tap this button and choose iZip from the list.
- iZip will ask if you want to unzip all files. Tap “OK” to proceed.
- Select your PDF e-book in iZip and tap the “Open in” button. Choose iBooks from the list and your PDF will be sent to iBooks for you to read.
If you don’t want to use iZip, use one of these options to move it to your iPad. Start by downloading the e-book .zip file to your computer according to our download instructions, then do either one of the following.
1. Take the PDF book file and drag it into your iTunes library. Sync your iPad with your computer and your book should show up in the iBooks app.
2. E-mail the PDF book file to yourself and open the e-mail on your iPad. You will see an option to open the PDF in iBooks. Use that and you should be good to go.