If you would like Sonya to come speak to your group, here are more details to help with your planning. Read Sonya’s biography and use it in your promotional materials as desired.
Hosting an SCM All-Day Seminar or 2-Day Conference
We try to make it as easy as possible for you to host one or both of our All-Day Seminars. Depending on how far we have to travel, we calculate a minimum number of people who need to attend in order to cover our travel expenses and time involved so you don’t have to worry about those costs. And SCM takes care of all the registration payments online, so you don’t have to mess with it.
We depend on the hostess to be our eyes and ears in the location, since we won’t be there until the event happens. We count on the hostess to
- Reserve a meeting room with ample space and sufficient seating and restroom facilities for the number of people attending.
- Advertise the event.
- Provide beverages and cups for attendees. Other refreshments are fine, but not mandatory.
- Provide space for our book display with an electrical outlet nearby, and arrange for us to get into the building ahead of time to set up.
- Welcome attendees and register any walk-ins.
To thank you for your time and work, the hostess receives free admission to the event and a free book of her choice from the Simply Charlotte Mason book display. Contact us about having Sonya present one or two All-Day Seminars in your area.
Having Sonya Speak at Your Group’s Meeting
At times Sonya has made a special trip to speak at a homeschool support group’s meeting. Usually that arrangement involves the group’s covering all travel expenses plus an honorarium per workshop presented. Please contact us and let us know the details about the event you’re thinking about or planning. We would be happy to work with you.
Having Sonya Speak at Your Homeschool Convention
Sonya has been a featured speaker and presented workshops at many homeschool conferences, curriculum fairs, and conventions. Here is a partial list.
- California Homeschool Convention in Long Beach, CA
- CSTHEA Curriculum Fair in East Ridge, TN
- FPEA Convention in Kissimmee, FL
- Home School Book Fair in Arlington, TX
- ICHE State Convention in Naperville, IL
- MACHE Homeschool Conference in Duluth, MN
- MASSHope Christian Homeschool Convention in Worcester, MA
- Mid South Homeschool Convention in Memphis, TN
- Midwest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati, OH
- NCHE Conference in Winston-Salem, NC
- NICHE Conference in Des Moines, IA
- Northeast Homeschool Convention in Hartford, CT
- Southeast Homeschool Convention in Greenville, SC
- Teach Them Diligently Conference in Omaha, NE
- Teach Them Diligently Conference in Spartanburg, SC
- Teach Them Diligently Conference in Nashville, TN
Her workshops include specifics on the Charlotte Mason approach, as well as general homeschooling information and Biblical encouragement. If you would like to invite Sonya to speak at your state homeschool convention, please contact her for details.