Whether you’re new to homeschooling, new to the Charlotte Mason approach, or just new to Simply Charlotte Mason, we hope the information below answers some of your questions. You can also find this helpful information in our free e-book, Getting Started in Homeschooling.
- How do I begin homeschooling?
- What are the differences between the six basic homeschooling approaches?
- Why did you choose to homeschool?
About Charlotte Mason
- Who was Charlotte Mason?
- What was Charlotte Mason’s educational philosophy?
- What methods did Charlotte Mason use?
- What is the difference between the Charlotte Mason approach and the Classical approach?
- How do I make the transition to using a Charlotte Mason approach?
About Simply Charlotte Mason
Here is a quick overview of what you will find on SimplyCharlotteMason.com.
The Books section of our site contains our
- CM Bookfinder — Kind of like visiting Amazon.com but narrowed down to just Charlotte Mason-friendly books with reviews from other CM moms. Search resources by title, subject, recommended grade levels, and more.
- Early Years Books — More than seventy living books that were introduced to our children in their early years (ages 2-5) and which they have loved ever since.
- SCM Bookstore — Books we have published especially to help you homeschool the Charlotte Mason way.
The Planning section of our site features
- CM Organizer — Save hours of planning and record-keeping with this on-line organizer designed especially for CMers. Now available!
- Our SCM Curriculum Guide — A comprehensive plan of book and study suggestions for all subjects in all grades.
- Our Early Years Guide — A gentle list of suggestions to help you get your three- to five-year-olds started in the right direction.
- Schedules — Sample daily and weekly schedules to save you time and keep you organized.
The Time Savers section of our site offers lots of free downloads and information
- A Book of Centuries Template
- Our CM Destinations collection of twaddle-free field trips
- Copywork in a Manuscript Font
- Colorful Corner Bookmarks with Charlotte Mason sayings
- A List of Handicrafts and Life Skills
- Narration Ideas
- How to Create a Scripture Memory System, along with verse lists
- A Trip Journal Template
The Events section features information about CM events
- Information on CM Conferences, workshops, and study groups that we know about.