A new arrival always brings excitement, and we’re excited about the new arrival at SCM—The Early Years: A Charlotte Mason Preschool Handbook! This book is filled with Charlotte Mason’s ideas for the preschool years, presented in bite-size chunks with modern-day examples, inspiring quotes, and practical tips.
The ideas presented in our series on the Early Years have been taken from the information in this book. Of course, you’ll find much more detail and many more ideas in its 144 pages. Topics include habit training, proper physical care, using the senses, outdoor life, a personal acquaintance with nature, books and stores, art and music, spiritual life, parenting a gifted child, Charlotte’s thoughts on kindergarten, teaching reading, and more.
As usual, you can download a free sample, but this one is a little different. It’s the largest sample we’ve ever made available at nearly one-third of the book! We hope it will be useful information even if you don’t buy the book. Let us know what you think.
We are pleased to offer The Early Years: A Charlotte Mason Preschool Handbook at a special introductory price through November 18.
Early Years Book Giveaway
Now it’s time for a little fun. We’ve decided to give away three copies of our new Early Years book each week for the next three weeks. The names will be chosen at random from those who leave a comment on our Early Years book page, on Twitter, or on our Facebook page. That means everyone has three chances at a free book each week. Be sure to read the official rules for all the important details.
The Early Years series will continue next week, when we will also announce the first three names to receive free copies of the new book.
This is part of the series: The Early Years
Practical counsel from Charlotte Mason for the preschool years.
- A Parent’s Chief Duty–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 1
- Habit Training in the Early Years–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 2
- Learning through the Five Senses–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 3
- Outdoor Life for Preschoolers–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 4
- New Early Years Homeschool Book
- Books & Stories in the Early Years–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 5
- Cultivating Your Preschooler’s Spiritual Life–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 6
- Tips for Teaching at Home with Preschoolers in the Mix–Early Years Homeschooling, Part 7